We are looking for qualified, talented individuals to join the First Community Bank team. We offer rewarding benefits and competitive salaries. If interested, please apply today.
Commercial Lender (More Info)
Date Listed: 07/24/2014
Location: Mobile County
Reports To: Chief Lending Officer
- Maintains and maximizes a large portfolio. Responsible for aggressively soliciting and servicing prospective customers producing a variety of commercial and consumer loans. Generates and manages a portfolio of business and corresponding relationships, while seeking new accounts through calling efforts, marketing, and referrals.
- Provide direct service to customers of the Bank with respect to deposit and loan products and services; approve and reject loan applications within individual lending authority levels.
- Assist customers in obtaining specialized services from other Bank departments as necessary; provide help to customers with specific inquiries or service problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services.
- Obtains and analyzes financial data, provides services on approved lines of credit, equipment, financing loans, etc.
- Keeps informed as to the status of loans in the department. Follows current loans to ensure complete compliance with terms.
- Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits, or makes recommendations to a supervisor. Participates with senior lender on large loans.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their business, needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk.
- Participation in community services activities and employee events is encouraged.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- A Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience, loan production in commercial and real estate lending, loan portfolio administration and product sales
- Relationship management skills for key commercial, small business and personal relationships.
- Highly developed analytical and underwriting expertise, credit quality focus
- Strong community leadership experience