We are looking for qualified, talented individuals to join the First Community Bank team. We offer rewarding benefits and competitive salaries. If interested, please apply today.
Human Resources Generalist - Full Time (More Info)
Date Listed: 06/13/2014
Reports To: HR Director
The Human Resources Generalist will report directly to the HR Director and work closely with the HR Assistant. The primary duty will include managing the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department. The HR Generalist will manage the administration of the human resource policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Generalist will be responsible for human resource information systems, employee relations, staffing, training and development, and benefits. The HR Generalist will work closely with the HR Director in maintaining and enhancing compensation practices and organizational development. The HR Generalist will be responsible for onboarding new employees and handling the termination process. The HR Generalist will be responsible for metrics reporting including budget, benefits expense management, AAP, efficiency analysis, and turnover. The HR Generalist will assist with the implementation of special HR projects and initiatives, including project management, process design, and validation and ownership of key deliverables. The HR Generalist will serve as HR subject matter specialist in the HR applications including benefit websites and payroll. Performs a variety of generalist duties and assists other areas as needed.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all employees
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Maintains employee handbook and works closely with other departments to maintain and update the Teller Training Manual and Customer Service Manual.
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program including reviewing performance reviews and giving guidance on review and merit increases.
- Handles benefits administration including reviewing all benefits, administering benefit plans, ensuring appropriate deductions and participates in benefit selection process.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all non-exempt employees; conducts new-employee orientations and handles job postings.
- Handles employee relations counseling, progressive disciplines and exit interviews.
- Assists in development and evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resources Information Systems records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Handles Medical Leave and FMLA administration.
- Handles projects with minimal supervision that typically may be complex and/or confidential in nature.
- Maintains and projects the Company's professional reputation.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5-7 years of progressive HR Experience
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience of working in an HR role
- Strong knowledge of employee relations, recruitment, performance management, federal and state employment laws, compensation practices and diversity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively, to think through employee issues and move to resolution tactfully and in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build trusting relationships with all levels of employees individually, as well as the ability to present information to large groups of employees.
- Excellent written, verbal, and strong interpersonal skills are required that include strict attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to manage strategic and tactical responsibilities with ease and a positive attitude, in addition to the ability to balance competing priorities in both strategic and day-today service delivery.
- Strong typing skills with the ability to type 60 WPM.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Experience in a fast paced, high energy environment is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate telephone, PC, copier, fax, and other basic business machines.
- Ability to be able to travel within the 10 locations of Mobile, Baldwin and Washington counties.
If interested, please apply online.
Commercial Lender (More Info)
Date Listed: 06/13/14
Reports to: Senior Commercial Lender
Maintains and maximizes a large portfolio. Responsible for aggressively soliciting and servicing prospective customers producing a variety of commercial and consumer loans. Generates and manages a portfolio of business and corresponding relationships, while seeking new accounts through calling efforts, marketing, and referrals.
- Provide direct service to customers of the Bank with respect to deposit and loan products and services; approve and reject loan applications within individual lending authority levels.
- Assist customers in obtaining specialized services from other Bank departments as necessary; provide help to customers with specific inquiries or service problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services.
- Obtains and analyzes financial data, provides services on approved lines of credit, equipment, financing loans, etc.
- Keeps informed as to the status of loans in the department. Follows current loans to ensure complete compliance with terms.
- Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits, or makes recommendations to a supervisor. Participates with senior lender on large loans.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their business, needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk.
- Participation in community services activities and employee events is encouraged.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience, loan production in commercial and real estate lending, loan portfolio administration and product sales
- Relationship management skills for key commercial, small business and personal relationships.
- Highly developed analytical and underwriting expertise, credit quality focus
- Strong community leadership experience
If interested, please apply online.
Customer Service Representative (More Info)
Date Listed: 06/23/2014
Open various types of consumer and commercial checking, savings, CD and IRA accounts. Explain banking services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing documentation. Requires knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices involved in opening new accounts. Carry out duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- General knowledge and experience with bank products, services, policies and procedures.
- Previous sales and service experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accurate typing and computer skills.
- Demonstrated competency in product knowledge, analytical skills, and problem resolution.
If interested, please apply online.