Bank Title: Wire/ACH Representative
Reports To: Cashier
Performs functions related to Electronic Funds Transfers. Responsible for daily Automated Clearing House origination procedures, including processing and transmitting files from customers, returns, reversals, death notices and other ach processes. Processes accurately and timely incoming and outgoing domestic, international and cash management wires. Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Reconcile bank accounts, posts information and balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc. Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- Processes, reviews, and verifies death alerts, prenotes, trace requests, stop payments and returned originations within the proper timeframe and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Submits Notifications of Change as needed.
- Responds to customers and employees requests and inquiries promptly concerning wires and ACHs; including but not limited to emails, phone calls, and mail.
- Participates in ACH training annually.
- Posts, inputs, and verifies incoming and outgoing domestic, international and cash management wires in accordance with the Wire Policy, OFAC, and various federal and state regulations.
- Performs tasks and duties related to Federal Reserve such as cash orders, cash shipments, large return items, settlement, and other Fed Web procedures.
- Reconciles and test all fed funds lines available from Correspondents.
- Reviews, scans, and verifies reconcilements.
- Updates files in accordance with the required retention periods.
- Cross-train to perform other duties within department.
- GED/High School Diploma, Some College Preferred
- 1 – 3 years of general accounting experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- General knowledge of accounting procedures, specifically related general ledger reconcilement
- Microsoft Word/Excel, AS 400 (Preferred)
- Ability to operate a calculator, computer, and other office equipment accurately and quickly
- Organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must use discretion, maintain confidentiality, and be honest
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.